Friday, January 28, 2011

Recruiting Blog News and Notes

Guys, I have to extend an apology for the "slowness" of the blog this week. It has been crazy trying to wear two hats in the recruiting process - one as the parent of a prospect and one as a recruiting analyst. The two sides of that world are very different! We had a couple of good (and final!!! yay!!) visits and the commitment has been made! One of my babies will be off to the collegiate turf next season!

A Few Of Jacob's Highlights (what can I say? I'm a proud daddy!)


So, now back to work for me this weekend.

I want to get back to finishing up the 2011 film evaluations releases, as well as begin releasing the 2012 film evals on the players that I've already managed to see. I can tell you this about the 2012 Class...it is going to be better than I originally thought. A couple of very pleasant surprises jumped from my "watch list" of 300+ players to the "Top Thirty." Keep in mind, that top 30 is not in ranked order yet; that said, I can tell you this much: from what I've seen so far, Shaq Roland (Ath) of Lexington or Quinshad Davis (WR) of Gaffney are going to be hard to beat out for that top spot in that class.

Keep in mind, beginning Sunday night, I'll be hammering tidbits of recruiting information as it comes in. Most of the Top 30 from 2011 are already committed, so it won't be earth shattering news. Some interesting developments from this past week were Roderick Byers of Northwestern committing to Oregon,  and North Carolina and LSU trying to get in on the Clowney sweapstakes. Manning's Phillip Dukes plans to announce his commitment on Monday and I think that could have an impact on Byers' already-made decision. I personally think if Dukes, who would be an oversign at Clemson, commits to South Carolina, then Clemson could possibly offer Byers and have a very good chance to flip him. Clowney, in my opinion, is still a South Carolina guy. There are several things that make me think that, a couple which I can't really talk about in an open forum, but I really think the Gamecocks have a large lead with him.

A couple of events to stay on...LIVE RECRUITING CHAT...I'll have a live Chat on Tuesday night at 9:00 PM...if I can get the chat software loaded properly, it will be hear on the blog; if not, it will be on the frontpage of SCVarsity.com. Eitherway, its a freebie and should be a lot of fun...I've asked a couple of kids(Prospects) to join us and maybe another surprise guest or two. The SECOND event will be the NATIONAL SIGNING DAY SHOW on 107.5 The Game. We will go on at 9:00am and go until 12:00 noon; Jacob will be signing at 12:15, so I've got to get over to the school quickly! If you're out of the listening area, you can listen live online at www.1075thegame.com and there is also an app available for some of the smart phones (information on that at the website).

I really would like your input, guys. Email me and let me know what YOU want to see in addition to what we've got planned for the recruiting news. Email me at scvarsity@sc.rr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment