Friday, February 11, 2011

Who Shot JR? Err..I mean, Where Is Jadaveon Clowney Going?

Don't want to age myself here, but this hole "Clowneygate" reminds me of the "who shot JR" from the old "Dallas" series. I get mutliple emails and texts every day wanting to know the answer to the biggest question on world of recruiting at this very moment - where is Jadavion Clowney (the top prospect in the country) going to play his college ball. I've maintained all along that I feel Clowney is a Gamecock and I think he's had his mind made up for a long time.

I base my recruiting opinions on the relationhsips that I've developed with these kids throughout their high school career. I think that the continual success of the South Carolina program is undeniably a factor. But there is much more to it than that. Life is about relationships and if you weigh that among the schools, the Gamecocks definitely have the edge there, with the Dixon brothers commitments, Devonte Holloman, who played his senior year with Clowney, and Stephon Gilmore, who has a strong on-field/teammate relationship with Clowney. When Roderick Byars committed to Oregon over SC, that gave me confirmation that Clowney was an SC guy and Byars already new it. There is no love loss between the two and for Byars to walk away from an SC offer told me there was more than what was meeting the eyes.

Projection: South Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment